12 March 2009

Bacon: Because too much is never enough

Made the most perfect batch of bacon bits tonight. Behold:



I used them to make a pretty carbonara-style pasta, which was delicious. Even though I don't generally do the lactose, I made a little exception for the butter in this one, though I used unsweetened soymilk for that portion of the recipe. Fake butter's okay, especially Earth Balance, but I gotta have the real stuff if I'm going so decadent as carbonara anyway!



What's your favorite bacon dish? I know, it's a loaded question. Give it some thought?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That's a hard question. I think carbonara might actually be my favorite. So yummy...

alexis said...

I'm a fan too. But I don't think I could ever choose my favorite bacon dish -- so unfair of me to pose the question to others!